Today's LA Beer Week Pick: Musical Beer Crawl
[caption id=“” align=“aligncenter” width=“500” caption=“Inside El Prado | Credit to poketo on flickr”][/caption] LA Beer Week is back and better than ever. Be sure to peep the official site for the full run-down of events. And while this 3rd annual is so exciting because it’s so huge (I’m seeing about 5-10 events every day, all over town!), thisÂ makes itÂ hard to decide between all the stellar happenings going on. It kills me that I won’t be able to go on this tonight (Dine LA is this week, too), but this beer week event is definitely a shoe-in.Â The Musical Beer Crawl combines not only beer and food, but music tooÂ in only the neighborhood that could: Echo Park. The reasonsÂ why you should go:
- Stone Brewing Co. Norm Stackhouse will be on-hand to talk beer & present a special Stone flight at City Sip (western-most stop). HappyÂ hour will be going on as always (5:30 - 7 PM).
- $5 showÂ atÂ The Echo w/“super secret” beer keg tapping
- $1 off beers and no corkage at brand-new Sunset Beer Company
- 10% off records at Origami Vinyl
- 10% off at Masa, for Chicago deep dish lovers
- 15% off beer in pub areaÂ at Mohawk Bend
- 2-for-1 slices at Two Boots
- Lot 1 Cafe has a keg of Weinhenstephan’s Hopplosion & 4 taps pouring $4 pints. Buzz Bands LA has lined up Joey & Andy Siara of the Henry Clay People and more to play.
- “Super secret, divine” keg of beer at El Prado. Origami’s record club will be going on here.
- The Short Stop will have a special keg at discount for crawlers only, plus $4 drafts 5 - 10 PM. Word has it it’s a big Golden Road Brewing Company debut! Yay! (eastern-most stop)
The night will commence at 5 PM. Just print out your Musical Beer CrawlÂ Passport and bring it with you, tonight. Remember to keep an eye on the respective business hours of each participating venue so you don’t miss out! Have fun!
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
5 PM - ???
Sunset Boulevard, from Mohawk to Sutherland Echo Park, CA 90026