Picks For Fashion's Night Out Los Angeles
[caption id=“” align=“aligncenter” width=“500” caption=“Studio Beauty Mix, Fred Segal Melrose”][/caption] Tonight’s the night!Â Exactly aÂ year ago I was in New York during Fashion Week and had an absolute blast during the first ever Fashion’s Night Out. Goodie bags, champagne, cocktails, discounts, free make-overs, cupcakes - you name it. But we’re doing our best here, in LA, so I thought I’d highlight the events going on around town that I would want to hit up. For the complete listing, just head on over to the Official LA FNO site, which groups the retailers by neighborhood. You can also check out Mondette’s run-down, which expertly and succinctly lists what each store is doing for tonight’s special occasion. The @FNOlosangeles and @FashionWeekLA twitter accountsÂ are also great resources. And while you’re out there on the town, don’t forget to bring your appetite because the food trucks will certainly be out in full force. I’ll be elsewhere tonight but if I were to make a night out of succumbing my wallet to temptation (and a portal to get me all over town in a jiff), I’d go here: Custo Barcelona, Beverly Center
- Free Custo Jelly Bag with $50 purchase. I love Custo’s vibrant designs and mix of fabrics and patterns. Not for gals who are most comfortable with the little black dress.
A Ferris Wheel and surrounding shops, Rodeo Drive
- I’ve never seen a ferris wheel on Rodeo Drive, so maybe this is just a cheap thrill. Still, Rodeo’s the perfect place to be a tourist in my own city since the price points at many of theseÂ shops boutiques shoot my moon. A girl can dream…and canoodle.
Paige Denim on Robertson Blvd.
- I love Paige Jeans. The store in LA will be giving away a prize every hour on the hour starting 7 PM. If you buy a pair of jeans, you’ll get a Carasoin Spa gift. Refreshments and bites will be served.
The Dandy Warhols play Fred Segal, 8100 Melrose
- I can’t really argue with putting music in the mix, especially on an occasion celebrating fashion. The Portland alt rock band will be playing a live set. And while you’re there…
Magnolia Bakery Pop-up Shop at Ron Herman, 8100 Melrose
- Fresh our way on 3rd Street by way of New York - will be setting up a pop-up shop from 6-10PM. Special edition FNO cupcakesÂ (devil’s food with meringue icing) will be available for sale, with $0.50 of each $3.25 cupcake going towards City of Hope. Also for sale:Â Classic vanilla, chocolate and chocolate buttermilk cupcakes ($2.75); assortment of brownies, bars and squares ($2.50) and a variety of Magnolia homemade cookies (.75 to $3).
Buy J Brand Jeans at Ron Herman, 8100 Melrose
- Great for gals who are currently looking for that perfect fitting pair of jeans. When you become 1 of the first 50 to buy a pair of full priced jeans, you’ll get a $50 gift card on a future J Brand purchase at Ron Herman plus a gift.
Fluxus at Santa Monica Place
- Preview Jeffrey Sebelia’s fall/winter collection while enjoying cupcakes over champagne. A DJ will be spinning tunes. If you buy two items, you’ll get the third free.
All events are timed to go from 6 - 10 PM, unless specified otherwise. That’s it in a nutshell. Go crazy - and if window shopping and fashionista canoodling is more your speed, at least there’s cupcakes and champagne. Have a great night!
Friday, September 10, 2010
6 - 10 PM