Get Out the Vote: Election Day Food & Drink Specials Around Los Angeles
[caption id=“” align=“aligncenter” width=“500”] Tavern Red State Burger - Pork, pork, pork, Manchego, Romesco[/caption] As November 6th rolls up, we’re reminded, again and again, that the best reason to vote is to realize our civic duty. We, as a society, have been preparing for next Tuesday for a long time (Californians, with all our propositions, you know what I’m talking about). Decisions will be made as a collective whether or not we decide to personally participate, so why not embrace it? Whether you take-away a savory dinner to enjoy at home or await the returns in camaraderie at one of the viewing parties, your “I Voted” sticker will score some points with your taste buds and your wallet anywhere around town. If you voted absentee, perhaps you’ll want to carry your stub or some other proof with you so you can make your case. Check below for a deal near you: Tavern (Brentwood) - Election Day Suzanne Goin & Caroline Styne’s destination restaurant in Brentwood (who have recently made Gavin Mills, formerly of Wood & Vine, Chef de Cuisine) invites you to a night of election return watching on the flat screen TVs in the Blue Room. While the happy hour from 3 - 7 PM stands, all guests wearing an “I Voted” sticker receive Happy Hour pricing from 7 PM to closing at the bar.
- Election Night Cocktail Special: Beer, wine and cocktails priced at $3-8 and selected bar snacks
- Sliders served with herbed French fries ($12):
Blue Slider – Niman Ranch beef with blue cheese and arugula Red State Slider – Pork, Pork, Pork with Manchego and Romesco
Cafe del Rey(Marina del Rey) - Election Day The patriotic on the Westside may appreciate that the marina-overlooking eatery will be throwing a happy hour during their election return viewing party from 4 PM to close. Add to that, the fact that blue curacao isn’t relegated to memories of AMFs at Saddle Ranch, anymore (who? me? never!); it’s back in.
- Election-themed cocktails: $6 ea.
- Those with an “I Voted” sticker will even get a libation on the house with purchase of another cocktail.
Barockin’ Bayonet - coconut tequila, blue Curacao, lime Not-So Radical Romney - bourbon, cranberry, grenadine 270 - Charbay vodka, blue curacao, grenadine, and sprite
WP24 (Downtown LA) - First 10 days of November
- Downtown’s skyscraper-penthouse-Wolfgang Puck flagship will be serving the Rhetoric Remedy (orange vodka, fernet, lemon and champagne float) cocktail from November 1 - 10 for $16. Because the 360-degree view of L.A. is patriotic enough.
Burger Lounge (8 locations including Beverly Hills, West Hollywood) - Election Day
- [caption id=“” align=“alignright” width=“160”] 1⁄2 and 1⁄2 at Burger Lounge[/caption] The grass-fed, farmer- and environmentally conscientious burger chain is providing incentive by offering a free “½ and ½” combo to (that is, half onion rings, half French fries) to “I Voted” sticker wearers with purchase of any other menu item. Redeem at any location in L.A. or San Diego, though the closest ones to you are probably in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. You’ll perhaps want to try this season’s (November - December) special grass-fed Bison burger.
Tortilla Republic(West Hollywood) - Election Day
- Every guest who comes in to Tortilla Republic during Election Day wearing their “I Voted” sticker will receive a complimentary “Viva La Vote” margarita. Viva La Vote is made with Maestro Dobel tequila, house made blueberry syrup, fresh strawberry and raspberry purée, lime sweet, and blue curaçao. The patio at Tortilla Republic is always a joy, too.
Lexington Social House (Hollywood) - Election Week
- Get patriotic by celebrating the “Election with Lexington” via a red, white, and blue “Flag Flight” cocktail special, offered during election week and featuring three cocktail tastings for $18. The cocktails:
The Red - muddled strawberries and basil leaves, simple syrup, vodka, apricot liquor, lemon juice, tiny dash of peach bitters, and a dash of sprite The White - tanteo chocolate, coffee liqueur, horchata The Blue - lightly muddled serrano chili and sage leaves, reposado tequila, blue curaçao, fresh lime juice, agave nectar, and fresh pear puree over ice By the way, those are the colors of our flag.
Post & Beam (Crenshaw) - Election Day
- Eat your patriotic heart out with comforting fare by Govind Armstrong - a 3-course, $26 prix fixe special that includes:
Start: Late Harvest Corn Griddle Cake with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche Main: Carved Slow Cooked Brisket with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Greens Dessert: Peach Cobbler Post & Beam’s Tuesday night wine special continues on this night with 50% off select bottles of wine, while supplies last.
Jar (Hancock Park) - Order by Sunday, 11⁄4; pick up on Election Day (3-7 PM)
- Take-away a Suzanne Tracht-cheffed meal to enjoy in the comfort and privacy of your own home while you watch the returns, you surly introverts. For $63, you’ll serve up 2 complete dinners, including 2 sides. This excludes tax & gratuity, and yes, the “no substitutions” phenomenon has now reached your living/dining room.
First (select one) Little Gem Caesar, Buttered Croutons Iceberg Wedge, Blue Cheese Dressing Butter Lettuce Salad, Breakfast Radishes, Parmesan, Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette Main (select one) Jar Signature Pot Roast, Carrots, Caramelized Onions Coq au Vin, Red wine, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Pearl Onions, Crimini Cedar Smoked Salmon, Caper Berry Relish Sides (select two) Creamed Spinach Creamed Corn Pea Tendrils Mashed Potatoes Macaroni and Cheese Dessert (select one) Butterscotch Pudding, Salted Caramel Chocolate Pudding, Crème Fraiche Banana Cream Pie, Caramel Sauce Orders must be placed at Jar by credit card no later than 5 PM on Sunday, November 4, 2012. Pick-up may be scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, 3-7 PM.
So if you haven’t voted early, be sure to visit the polls next Tuesday. Your constituents in life will thank you. Now you’ll have reasons other than pride to wear your “I Voted” sticker.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Tavern 11648 San Vicente Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90049 310.806.6464
Cafe del Rey 4451 Admiralty Way Marina del Rey, CA 90292 310.823.6395
November 1 - 10, 2012:
WP24 900 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90015 213.743.8824
Burger Lounge 281 S. Beverly Dr Beverly Hills, CA 90212 310.385.0898
Burger Lounge 8539 W. Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069 310.289.9250
Tortilla Republic 616 N. Robertson Boulevard West Hollywood, CA 90069 310.657.9888
November 4 - 10, 2012:
Lexington Social House 1718 Vine Street Hollywood, CA 90028 323.461.1700?
Post & Beam Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza 3767 Santa Rosalia Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90008 323.299.5599
Jar 8225 Beverly Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90048 323.655.6566